AGRI-LAND Workshops & FARM BILL Information, USDA and FSA Program Information
Enhancing Agriculture ~ Protecting our Land & Water
Our great State of Texas was born from bold citizens who worked the land and made it produce an abundance of agricultural products. From the times of the native americans to todays local farmer and rancher, our lands and our agriculture has sustained each of us within our wonderful State and within our Texas Hill Country.
Alamo RCD, along with various collaborative partners, provide our current farmers, ranchers and local citizens with educational workshops , seminars, lectures and outreach to provide information on agricultural sustainability, land management, livestock management, watershed and water source management, so that agricultural productivity can grow, while we also protect our natural resources and our land and soil.
We also provide updated information
on the current FARM BILL and
USDA/FSA & Rural Development Programs.
Workshops are offered throughout the year (usually with no fee) to all citizens within our 10 county area of : Atascosa, Bexar, Bandera, Comal, Medina, Kerr, Kendall, Guadalupe, Frio, and Wilson counties, at various local venues and online using Zoom software.
Topics of Interest include:
- Updates on the Current FARM BILL
- Updates on USDA/FSA/RD Programs
- How to sign up as an Agricultural Producer
- Technical & Financial Assistance for Agricultural Producers
- Financial Record Keeping for Small Agricultural Producers
- Texas Rural Development Programs & Services
- Alamo RCD Area Inc Programs
- Watershed Protection & Management
- Range & Grazing Management
- Other topics of Interest to local farmers, ranchers and landowners.